Twenty-five years of professional experience in collection and analysis of oceanographic data. Carlos Leandro has published approximately 26 scientific papers and collaborated in the development of 18 technical reports in the fields of oceanography and the environment.
- Bachelor in Oceanography from the Rio de Janeiro State University (Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ);
- Master’s degree in Remote Sensing from the National Institute for Space Research (Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais – INPE), in São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
- Specialization in Chemical Oceanography from the School for Marine and Atmospheric Research of the University of Miami;
- Specialization in Physical Oceanography from the Federal University of Pernambuco – UFPE, in partnership with the Interdepartmental Commission for Sea Resources (Comissão Interministerial para Recursos do Mar – CIRM);
- Specialization in “Air Sea Transfer Process”, University of Washington in Seattle – USA, in partnership with the Brazilian Government and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – NOAA;
- Specialization in Dynamic Oceanography from WOCE (the World Ocean Circulation Experiment), at the Oceanography Institute of the University of São Paulo (Instituto Oceanográfico da Universidade de São Paulo);
- Specialization in Integrated Management of Coastal and Ocean Areas for Sustainable Development. United Nations
- Integrated Marketing Communication – IBMEC Business School and Executive MBA in Marketing – IBMEC Business School Rio de Janeiro.
- Currently a managing partner and business consultant with AMBIPETRO – Inteligência em Geonegócios Ltda;
- Founder of AMBIPETRO – Inteligência em Geonegócios Ltda;
- Worked as Chief Marketing Executive at OceansatPEG S.A. from January 2003 to July 2005;
- Participated in the process for merger of Oceansat with Petroleum Environmental Geoservices – PEG, which resulted in the company OceansatPEG;
- From 1997 to 2003 worked as Managing Director with Oceansat – Tecnologia Espacial para Monitoramento Ambiental S/C Ltda. At Oceansat, coordinated the consolidation of physical data reports for environmental licensing with IBAMA and the development of remote sensing initiatives to be applied in the offshore area;
- In January 1996, established OCEANSAT – Tecnologia Espacial para Monitoramento Ambiental S/C Ltda. to render environmental services using combinations of field data and both passive and active remote sensing data.
Seventeen years of experience in the executive and environmental management area. Coordinated over 48 environmental reports for licensing in marine areas (environmental studies, environmental control reports, environmental assessment reports, and environmental impact studies/environmental impact reports), as well as monitoring programs. Organized, trained and directed the company’s Environmental Licensing and Risk & Emergency Assessment divisions. Has extensive experience in negotiations with environmental bodies and agencies.
- Architect and Urban Planner, graduated from Universidade Federal Fluminense – UFF;
- Specialization in Safety Engineering from Universidade Federal Fluminense – UFF;
- Specialization in Environmental Planning from Universidade Federal Fluminense – UFF;
- Specialization in Remote Sensing from the National Institute for Space Research (Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais – INPE), São José dos Campos, SP.
- MBE (Master in Business and Environment) – COPPE/Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ;
- MBA (Master in Business Administration) – COPPEAD/UFRJ.
Currently a managing partner and business consultant with AMBIPETRO – Inteligência em Geonegócios Ltda.
- Since August 2003, a board member of INSTITUTO PHAROS, a non-government ocean advocacy organization;
- Technical Environment Director with OceansatPEG SA from 2004 to September 2005;
- In 2004, Managing Director for construction of craft ship OCEANSATPEG I, used for collection of oceanographic data;
- Managing and Financial Director for the merger involving Oceansat and Petroleum & Environmental Geoservices – PEG;
- Executive Director with Oceansat Ltda. from 2000 to 2003;
- Environmental Project Manager with Oceansat Ltda. from 1998 to 1999;
- Oceansat Project Team member from 1997 to 1998;